Welcome to the golf club Varus
If you are playing at the Varus Golfclub your are walking on the grounds of a historic battlefield.
The club is named after the Roman commander Varus, who in the year 9 a.D. was defeated in a ruthless battle in the Kalkriese area, by a coalition of Germanic tribesmen lead by Arminius.
Today you are playing a challenging golf course in a typical North German landscape close to the Varus museum north of the Wiehengebirge.
A sophisticated drainage system and the creative course design provide an opportunity to go for a round of golf thoughout the year. A few exceptions have to be considered when cold weather and snow require a restricted access to save the quality of greens and fairways.
The Varus golf course has 18 holes par 72
- 18 holes championship course
- Championship: 6574 meter
- Gentlemen: 6032 meter
- Ladies: 5315 meter
- Kids: 2993 meter
- Slope rating 133
- Please ask for the actual stimpmeter reading
- Enjoy our club house facilities and the hospitality of the FairWay restaurant.
- Mobile homes are welcome ( overnight stay on request)
- Leasurebreak and Golfhäftet are accepted
If you want to read the whole website in English, do the following:
- Open https://translate.google.com/?hl=de in a new tab or window.
- Copy the web address of the golf club in your browser bar.
- Simply paste this address/link into the left field at https://translate.google.com/?hl=de and set the source language there to German. In the right field, select English as the language.
- Then click on the link that opens in the right-hand field.
If you have done everything correctly, you will now see the page of the Golfclub Varus e.V. in English. Because the translation is done „by machine“, probably not all terms and sentences are translated or formulated correctly, but you will still get a good insight and interesting information.