If you are playing at the Varus Golfclub your are walking on the grounds of a historic battlefield.
The club is named after the Roman commander Varus, who in the year 9 a.D. was defeated in a ruthless battle in the Kalkriese area, by a coalition of Germanic tribesmen lead by Arminius.
Today you are playing a challenging golf course in a typical North German landscape close to the Varus museum north of the Wiehengebirge.
A sophisticated drainage system and the creative course design provide an opportunity to go for a round of golf thoughout the year. A few exceptions have to be considered when cold weather and snow require a restricted access to save the quality of greens and fairways.
The Varus golf course has 18 holes par 72
– 18 holes championship course
– Championship: 6574 meter
– Gentlemen: 6032 meter
– Ladies: 5315 meter
– Kids: 2993 meter
– Slope rating 133
– Please ask for the actual stimpmeter reading
– Enjoy our club house facilities and the hospitality of the FairWay restaurant.
– Mobile homes are welcome ( overnight stay on request)
– Leasurebreak and Golfhäftet are accepted